Launched by Adventist co-founders James and Ellen White in 1849, the Adventist Review is not only the longest-running publication in the Adventist Church but it is one of the oldest religious publications in North America. Nowadays, Adventist Review publishes both a monthly print magazine with a paid circulation of about 30,000 and a number of innovative digital offerings including its website, a podcast and digital TV programming.
"The story of the church paper...is the story of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. That 'little paper' was our first enterprise as a people, even though our name came only eleven years later, in 1860," wrote William G. Johnsson, former editor of the Adventist Review. The GC Archives has historical copies of the Review (as it's been commonly referred to since it began) digitized and free for viewing.
|John Nevins Andrews||1869-1870|
|Alonzo T. Jones||1897-1901|
|W. W. Prescott||1903-1909|
|W. A. Spicer||1909-1911|
|F. M. Wilcox||1911-1944|
|W. A. Spicer||1945|
|F. D. Nichol||1945-1966|
|William G. Johnsson||1982-2006|
|The Present Truth||1849-1850|
|The Advent Review||1850|
|Second Advent Review and Sabbath Herald||1850-1851|
|The Advent Review and Sabbath Herald||1851-1961|
|Review and Herald||1961-1971|
|The Advent Review and Sabbath Herald||1971-1978|